Bigup Outhere Records for putting out a release of truly massive African house bangers. I've been looking for a good copy of Mujava's "Mugwanti / Sgwejegweje", otherwise known as Please Mugwanti, for what feels like years now! It's shocking to see how little of this stuff gets a proper release, so for that reason this one is even more welcome.
I first heard Kode9 play this and thought it was a Lil Silva refix of Masters At Work, because the drums are so hard and stripped down and the vocal is riffing on the theme of MAW's "Brazilian Beat":
I was wrong of course, but my assumtion says a lot about just how good and relevant this track sounds in Plastic People.
Outhere are giving away a low-bit copy of a tracks for the EP by another heavy hitter of South African house Aero Manyelo. We really love this guy, please go check him out on Afrodesia, where lots more very good African house is available too.
No comments:
Post a Comment